COVID-19 Protocols (As of Feb, 2022)
Our COVID protocols reflect public health regulations, guidance from Sail Canada and Ontario Sailing, and our own experience with running a safe and successful program in 2020 and 2021.
Key safety measures include:
- All participants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the start of camp.
- Reduced enrollment to allow social distancing on land
- Daily health screening for all participants
- Clubhouse closed - outdoor activities only
- Enhanced cleaning and hand hygene
- Masks are optional on land but are not recommended on the water.
Accordingly, parents/guardians should prepare for the following changes to the normal routine:
- Parents/guardians must agree and acknowledge that proof of vaccination will be required and must be provided prior to the start of Camp.
- Parents/guardians must complete a daily health declaration form for their child(ren) each morning before camp. CLICK HERE to complete the form online.
- Kids must not attend if they have any symptoms of COVID-19 or cannot satisfy the conditions listed in the form.
- Parents/guardians must drop off their own kids at Camp each day and be available to answer any questions regarding the daily health declaration form.
- Parents/guardians must also be able to pick up their kids immediately if they become sick during Camp hours.
- In case of heavy rain, Camp will be cancelled (and fees refunded pro-rata) since the clubhouse is closed. We will do our best to anticipate this situation BEFORE Camp based on the weather forecast but parents/guardians will have to be available to pick up their kids DURING Camp hours if necessary.
Please also check our list of What to Bring.