COVID-19: Camp Plan as of March, 2021
It is still too soon to know exactly what precautions for COVID-19 will be necessary during Camp in 2021. Our final plans will reflect public health regulations, guidance from Sail Canada and Ontario Sailing, and our own experience with running a safe and successful program last summer.
Despite this uncertainty, we are currently planning on the following measures:
- Reduced enrollment to allow social distancing on land
- Daily health screening for all participants
- Small cohorts with no commingling during the week
- Clubhouse closed - outdoor activities only
- Enhanced cleaning and no sharing of equipment
- Masks are not recommended on the water but might be required on land
Accordingly, parents/guardians should prepare for the following changes to the normal routine:
- Parents/guardians must complete a daily health declaration form for their child(ren) each morning before camp. CLICK HERE to complete the form online.
- Kids must not attend if they have any symptoms of COVID-19 or cannot satisfy the conditions listed in the form.
- Parents/guardians must drop off their own kids at Camp each day and be available to answer any questions regarding the daily health declaration form.
- Late pick up is NOT available this year so all campers must be picked up by 4:30 pm. Early drop off at 8:00 am is still available (regular drop off starts at 8:30 am).
- In case of heavy rain, Camp will be cancelled (and fees refunded pro-rata) since the clubhouse is closed. We will do our best to anticipate this situation BEFORE Camp based on the weather forecast but parents/guardians will have to be available to pick up their kids DURING Camp hours if necessary.
- Parents/guardians must also be able to pick up their kids immediately if they become sick during Camp hours.
- All kids must bring and be able to apply their own sunscreen
Please also check our list of What to Bring since it includes several important changes.